Mobile Endoscopy Unit™
|Mobile Endoscopy Units™ (MEUs) are U.S. healthcare code compliant mobile endoscopic procedure facilities. MEUs are designed to provide on-site endoscopic services for hospitals renovating procedure rooms and to provide additional endoscopy procedure room capacity. MEUs can support physician groups with insufficient case volume to justify a free-standing endoscopic procedure room or provide on-site endoscopic services at correctional facilities. MEUs are also used to support international and humanitarian missions.|
- Set-up and fully functional in 1 hour by 1 person
- Configured with entrance, pre-/post-procedure area, nurse's station, handicapped accessible bathroom/changing area, separate soiled and clean utility rooms, two procedure rooms (approximately 200)
- Self-contained with integrated power, lighting, heating, ventilation (HEPA filtration), air conditioning, plumbing, medical gas/vacuum, nurse call, synchronized time, intrusion alarm, fire suppression, and communications systems
- Transportable by tractor, train or ship
- Redundant systems for power, water, vacuum and communications
- Holding tanks for storage of potable, gray and black water
- UPS system
- MMIC's Mobile Endoscopy Units™ are state licensable, Joint Commission accreditable, and CMS certifiable
- Rapid set-up allows for fast delivery of patient care
- May be integrated with existing structures
- Easy to clean surfaces provide superb infection control
- Equipped with easily reconfigurable rail-mounted modular cabinetry to provide storage for medical supplies and equipment
MEUs are used to support hospital renovation projects for government, private and public hospitals. These projects save money by utilizing MEUs to replace endoscopic procedure rooms being renovated or added. Some of MMIC’s customers have successfully retired significant endoscopic procedure backlogs by utilizing an MEU. Use of MEUs allow government facilities to avoid outsourcing endoscopic procedures at considerable expense while maintaining the revenue stream for private and public facilities. Use of MEUs facilitates faster construction, allows facilities to retain valuable staff members and preserve staffing schedules while providing a safe environment for patients to receive endoscopic procedures without the risk of exposure to construction contaminants that may cause infection rates to rise.
Contact MMIC today to discuss your on-site endoscopy needs.